Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Old Time Radio Shows

Hey there me once again.
Today I am switching my topic from iTunes and Napster to Old Time Radio Shows. Right now I am listening to an old time radio show called Manhattan at Midnight. This radio broadcast was aired in 1964. That was so long ago, It is as old as my parents.
Back in the day when television was still new and radio was still popular these kind of radio shows were popular. The question before me is whether or not I could sit in front of the radio for an extended period of time and listen to a half an hour or hour long broadcast?
I think that if I grew up when radio was still popular I would probably indulge in radio broadcasts. I enjoy stories and commentary. However, I am a visual learner and I think that it would be very hard for me to be able to imagine the entire story as it was laid before me. Maybe it is because of television that I am a visual person, maybe it is because I do not use my hearing the way I use my vision.
I sit in front of the television at night time why would I not sit in front of the radio and listen to stories. One of the upsides of the radio is that you do not have to sit still and pay attention. you can still get the just of the story while doing dishes, and I always enjoy multi-tasking. What about you, do you think you could sit and listen to the radio for your favorite stories? Check out these Old Time Radio shows and see if there are any that catch your ear!

Cannot wait to chat again,

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment